Whilst we strive to provide the highest standards of service to our clients we realise that sometimes things can go wrong. As part of our commitment to providing and maintaining our high standards, we have introduced a formal complaints procedure and this is set out below.
1. If you have a complaint about our service, please set this out, in writing (letter or email), giving as much details as you can about the nature of the complaint, and send this to Mr Ziaur Rahman, the firm’s nominated Complaints Partner. Mr Rahman’s contact details are:
2. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. You can expect to receive our letter within five days of us receiving your complaint.
3. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for your complaint. We will do this within three working days of receiving your complaint.
4. We will then start to investigate your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
• Howard Freeman will ask the member of staff who acted for you to draft a reply to your complaint within five days.
• He will then examine their reply and the information in your complaint file, and, if necessary, he may also speak to them. This will take up to three days from receiving their reply and the file.
• You will then receive a detailed reply to your complaint within 10 days from the date of receipt of your letter of complaint. If the reply is likely to take longer than 10 days we will inform you within five days of receiving your complaint of the proposed timescale for a detailed reply.
5. If you are not satisfied with our response you must contact us again. We will then arrange to review our decision. This will happen in one of the following ways:
• We will ask you to attend a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
• Another partner of the firm will review Howard Freeman’s decision within 10 working days.
• We will let you know the result of the review within five days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
• We will also advise you that you have the right to refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman via www.legalombudsman.org.uk or by writing to the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ.
6. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.